I’m back today with another Stitch Fix outfit! I’d say I average about one Stitch Fix box about every two months, and generally I’ve been happy, but this time for me was a big flop. And I think I have to take the blame for this one, guys.
Since I get this service quite frequently, I know what it takes to get what I want (for the most part). You can read up on my tips I posted HERE if you need a refresher. This time around I simply asked for a full outfit. That’s it. No details, no specifics of what type of outfit or what it’s purpose would be. I am one that ALWAYS puts a ton of details in the note to my stylist. I put exactly what type of clothing items I’m looking for, what event I’d like to wear them to, and styles I’ve been eyeing. I don’t know what I was thinking this time around. Lazy? Yes, I think that’s the magic word. Second mistake, I haven’t updated my linked Pinterest board in MONTHS. Something I thought I liked six months ago doesn’t really apply today, for the most part, and I should really give that a good update prior to ordering a new box to avoid possible mistakes.
So when I peeked at what was coming in my box (yes, you can peek online and I’ll give you the secret if you need it), I instantly knew I wouldn’t keep anything. The first problem, there wasn’t one cohesive look inside this box. It was a hodgepodge of items that couldn’t ALL be paired together, which was my main ask. I knew the items they sent I either had in my wardrobe something similar, or wasn’t interested in the style whatsoever. So I was not excited.
When the box came, it was more of the same disappointment. What was in the box?
- There was an intensely distressed sweater in which the style of the sweater wasn’t appealing to me. waaaay too many rips.
- A gray leopard print sweatshirt in the box that I couldn’t wear with the embroidered leather jacket they sent, and the material of the sweatshirt was low quality.
- An embroidered leather jacket that was cute, but I feel like EVERYONE bought a similar one during the Nordstrom anniversary sale so I didn’t want to add to the over saturation of the trend.
- Just Black jeans that actually fit great – however, they were lower rise and with my body type I really prefer a higher rise. They were also a tad on the cropped side, and not in a flattering way as they made my ankles look a little larger than I’d like.
- Brown booties, which were just okay. They were super comfortable, but do you see how the cut of the front just makes my leg appear a little out of proportion? I already have a pair of booties in this color in my current collection, so this wasn’t something I was looking to purchase.
Overall, more detail and an updated Pinterest board could have saved this box – I’ll definitely remember that for next time and cross my fingers for a good box! Want to try Stitchfix yourself? Follow THIS link to schedule your first box now!!